Finally, the time has come for us to reopen our doors and welcome back all you lovely climber types… YES! As always, we’re really looking forward to seeing you again and joining you for a climb and boulder. Just as before, there are certain measures in place that you should know about before your next climb that will help keep you and everyone else safe and allow all to enjoy their climbing in as secure an environment as possible. Basically: Sanitise your hands regularly, wear a mask when appropriate, maintain social distancing and be considerate of others – just like you always do
Here are some useful things to know before you plan your first visit:
- Members do not need to book in advance for unsupervised centre entry.
- Online bookings are now available for single household tasters, inductions and Kids clubs.
- Face coverings are MANDATORY in the centre, except when eating drinking and climbing.
- We request that you sanitise your hands when entering the building, regularly whilst in the centre and on leaving the centre.
- Please adhere to social distancing of 2m wherever possible.
- It is more important than ever for all our users to remember to check-in and check-out each visit – this helps us to fulfil our track and trace obligations.
- Please come as ready as possible to climb and minimise the gear you bring into the centre with you (leave it in the car if possible).
- We suggest planning your climbing duration to be around two hours at peak times (weekday evenings and weekends) to help with capacity management and be considerate of other users eager to climb or boulder. Please feel free to stay longer if it’s quiet or off-peak.
- You can speed up your checkin by signing up to our TLC pre-pay scheme or through buying a 11-4-10 punch card. Both can be done here:
- All existing pre-paid passes and TLC accounts will be unfrozen on Monday 12th April*
- No hire ropes or chalk bags will be available.
- With limited capacity numbers, we are not encouraging spectators at the moment, sorry.
You can find our full covid procedures via the link below:
You can check our live website capacity monitors for up to date information on climber numbers:
- Face coverings are MANDATORY in the centre, except when eating drinking and climbing. If you wish to climb in a mask that is OK with us.
- You MUST sanitise your hands when you enter the building, regularly whilst in the centre and on leaving the centre.
- Come as ready as possible to climb and minimise the gear you bring in with you (leave it in the car if possible).
- The recommended climbing duration is two hours but please stay longer if it’s quiet.
- Pre-pay by joining our TLC scheme (great value) or buying a 11-4-10 punch card. Both can be done here:
Please remember that our staff are here to help you. If you have any questions please ask a member of our team and they’ll do their best to help. As we return to our climbing centres and crags after such a prolonged break it’s worth paying extra attention to our conduct and safety practices. Please be understanding and supportive of other climbers and our staff as we get back on track and stuck into our favourite sport – climbing!
Stay safe, stay awesome,
The Awesome Team